Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Very Warmachine Weekend

Despite spending a lot of time at work this weekend I've been able to make it very Warmachine-y. I couldn't do anything except for maybe some minor painting on Friday, but last night after work I had some friends over and played a game against Circle. I meant to take pictures for a Battle Report but got a little too into it. The pictures I do have are from setting up, and they aren't very good/exciting. Nevertheless, here are our armies:




Cryx List: 23 pts
pAsphyxious
-Deathjack
-Cankerworm
min Bane Thralls
Bane Thrall UA
Bane Lord Tartarus

Circle List: 25 pts
Baldur Stonecleaver
-Pureblood Warpwolf
-Megalith
-Woldwatcher
-Druid Wilder
Lord of the Feast

The points are screwed up for various reasons but it didn't end up making any difference. The game was pretty close, both the casters played back and on the top of turn 1 DJ got ALMOST wrecked, only 3 boxes left. I had an arm and cortex so with my 4 focus I repeatedly slapped the Purebloods shit, got it's soul token, and healed my other arm. I was happy until the next turn when he got 1-hit by Megalith.

I might've been able to end the game on round 2 or 3(cna't remember) with hellfire spam channeled through Cankerworm. Thing is I didn't consider the feat, and could've only cast twice in my mind. So instead I just threw one and used the other 3 focus elsewhere(1 was on upkeep). Next turn I told Keith he should charge Cankerworm with Baldur. He ended up only doing 6 damage(sad rolls on his part) and I gobbled him up next turn. I think that's my fault, running away was probably a better idea.

Now, Sunday morning, the same friends and I are heading off to the LGS to play a game there and maybe buy some stuff. This time I'll be playing Khador and will remember to take pictures! I also might pick up a Harrower, but will probably decide against it after carrying the box around for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment