Monday, December 6, 2010

Here we go

Hello dear readers. I'm starting this blog after being inspired by my lovely girlfriend Sarah, who just started a blog of her own.

I'll be using this space for multiple purposes. Mostly, I'm going to use it to chronicle my progress in painting models for Warmachine/Hordes. Warmachine is a tabletop game that I started playing a few months ago with a couple of friends. If you weren't aware, I'm a huge nerd. Anyway, arguably my favorite part of the game is painting the awesome little models, so you can expect lots of pictures of my progress, and maybe even a few tutorials. There also may be some posts on my endeavor to get my girlfriend to play Warmachine with me. That should be a real treat.

I started off playing Menoth(praise fire) and have collected quite a large force. Unfortunately, Menoth's shiny gleam has worn off for me, and the Dragonfather calls. Cryx has always been my favorite army, and I'm kind of confused as to why I never started with them in the first place. Ohhh yeah, thats right; I figured they would be the most common faction and I didn't want to be a copycat. Sucks for me, since after I bought a ton of Menoth stuff some people at the Toy Soldier(LGS) yelled at me for being "another" Menoth player. Oh well.

I've started up on Cryx with the stuff I already had after a short hiatus from war gaming in general. I recently painted some bone chickens and pAsphyxious, along with a reaper. My Skarlock is up next, and you can expect pictures shortly.

I'm also interested in Legion of Everblight. I have yet to play Hordes aside from dicking around with the MK.II playtest rules a while back, where I proxied a few games as Skorne and Trollbloods. Legion has some really cool looking models, but I'm really only interested in a select few of them. Actually...I say that now, but if i were to look through all of them right now I'd probably want at least 2/3 of them. Either way, a few months from now I may consider starting a nice small army of Carniveans and eThagrosh and Scythean's galore. One of those nifty all-beast armies appeals to me.

Now, aside from Warmachine and me being a huge flaming nerd in general, I may occasionally blog about other random crap. My interests include my girlfriend Sarah(#1), cooking, and teaching myself Japanese. Who knows where I'll go with this.

Thanks for reading
またね

No comments:

Post a Comment