Monday, December 6, 2010

Mans Painting I: Part 1

This will be a bit of a preview post and a reflection on my night, as well as the introduction to a recurring post. Every Monday night my friends come over with some stuff and we all paint and talk and be merry. We call it Mans Painting, because we paint tiny mans. I plan on recording my work each night and posting it here for future reference and inspiration.

Tonight I worked mostly on the Skarlock I mentioned earlier. The model doesn't really feel finished to me yet and I'm not quite sure I'm happy with it. I loved painting the green soul that wraps around him and I think I put more effort into painting it's face than the Skarlock's face. I experimented some more with glow effects and reflections after having a good time on pAsphyxious. I decided to paint the Skarlocks exposed bone in more of a bleached bone color as opposed to white because Sarah said the bone on my bonejacks was her favorite part. I also feel like if living skeletons were real they would be offended by all the things that portray them as clean and glistening white. Overall, it's pretty good.

I really wish I had a camera, but unfortunately my Motorola Q is packin' a legendary 1 MP camera. It's pictures look kind of like what happens when you squint after yawning and your eyes are all teared up. Only blurrier. Anyway, I'm going to try to find a camera to use tomorrow so I can get some picures up and record a step by step of a one Bane Lord Tartarus.  I have some ideas for him...I was never a fan of the swirly water base type thing, whatever it is. To me it looks like water. Anyway, seeing as Tartarus himself is a tortured and demented soul, I think I'm going to paint that swirly base as a swirling storm of souls. I'm excited for how it will come out, but that's for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. ". I also feel like if living skeletons were real they would be offended by all the things that portray them as clean and glistening white" LMAO i'm so glad you are so considerate of the skeletons, you are a good person Arekutsu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someones gotta stand up for them....

    ReplyDelete