Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cryx Character Warjack Erebus

Oh my god I cleamed a little.


The helljack known as Erebus serves Lord Exhumator Scaverous, murdering all in its path as it eagerly gathers souls for its master. The lives Erebus has claimed leave it steeped in the detritus of a thousand deaths. This spectral effluvium envelops the machine, repelling any who try to strike its blackened carapace.

The next round of character warjacks is coming and I love the look of Erebus. There's something definitely Cthuluish about the head, which is awesome. When I get the model I'll have to see if some tentacles wouldn't look right at home dripping from that maw. Awesome.

I'm not sure how others feel about the upgrade kit trend. I'd say I've got mixed feelings. I love the idea and it makes it easy to magnetize the models and get more for your money, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't underwhelmed when I saw Malice's kit. It was a couple tiny pieces for 10.99. Seemed kind of steep, relative to what else you can get for that much.

Stat-wise I'm sure he'll be good. Everything Cryx gets is good. My only concerns here are point cost and the fact that he seems to be another soul-eater. I know souls are our thing, but I'd be disappointed if he was just a copy of Malice but put in a Slayers body. There is hope though! The flavor text above says he gathers souls for his master. It would be incredibly awesome if he had the soul taker rule and another rule that allowed him to transfer all souls to the Warcaster during the control phase.

Oh the fun we could have....

1 comment:

  1. I suppose it depends on which "maw" you are referring to, if you mean the mouth maw, personally I think it would resemble one of the genestealer heads from warhammies.... but it is a bigger head and would still look badass! I would support you trying to have tentacles coming out of the belly (also referred to as the maw according to dictionary.com). As far as what you've shown me there isn't anything like that for warmachine, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it in some Resident Evil movie... either way it's the badassest use of tentacles that I can think of!

    ReplyDelete